SiSoftware Technical Support
Loading knowledgebase suggestions...
What is the default user name and password the Ranker selects?
When you first run a benchmark and the Ranker is not configured, the Ranker configuration dialog is presented with default settings and credentials.
Note: These are for convenience ONLY. If you cancel the dialog, the ranker *is not* enabled.
- User Name: Your user name on the computer.
- Password: The name of your computer (hostname)*. Not the model of your computer (e.g. Asus P8GMX).
- Team Name: The computer manufacturer's name (e.g. Asus) or your country (e.g. USA)
* Why is this selected as default password?
The name of the computer (hostname) is never transmitted to the Ranker or is shown anywhere; it is unlikely people outside your circle of friends would know it.
* Why have a password at all?
It stops other people messing with your account.
* Why not default to no account at all, i.e. anonymous?
The Ranker would not be able to identify your previous results and assign them to you.
Was this article helpful?
Privacy: Is the data transferred to the Ranking Engine 'personal data'?
Ranking Engine: How to Create an Account, How to Join a Team
Ranking Engine: Why use it?
No Reference Benchmark Results (Empty List)
How do I turn off chart animation?
Help Desk Software
, brought to you by